What Does Your Company Need To Know About The Tabletop Market?
Unity Marketing Plans To Conduct A New Survey Of The Tabletop Market - Sponsors Needed To Direct The Research And Define The Study's Objectives
What does your company need to know to stay competitive in the tabletop market? Unity Marketing would like to find the answers to your questions and apply its own unique brand of cutting-edge analysis to the findings, giving you a product that helps you better understand and target your tabletop consumers.
Unity Marketing plans to conduct a new survey of tabletop consumers in order to update its Tabletop Market Report. Companies that compete in the tabletop market, either as product and brand marketers or retailers, will benefit from the insights gathered in this survey of their target customer market.
The best way for companies to benefit from this upcoming study is to become sponsors of the research. Study sponsors provide guidance on the direction of the survey, review and recommend questions to be included in the survey, including brand names to be tracked in the study.
The research study will include an in-depth survey among 1,000 recent tabletop buyers. The new research will be conducted under the guidance and direction of a limited number of survey sponsors. The survey sponsors will direct the research, establish the overall study objectives and topics to be explored and develop the list of brands to be included in the survey.
Unity Marketing's Study Will Provide the Latest Information Tabletop Marketers Can Use to Be More Successful
Unity Marketing's new study will update the Tabletop Market Report, 2006 report, giving tabletop marketers the most current consumer information, so that they can start to move with the consumer market, not against it. Tabletop marketers and retailers will get a new understanding of what today's consumer wants when it comes to tableware to enhance their dining and entertaining experiences.
It will examine what tableware consumers are purchasing, where they shop, how much they spend and their favorite tabletop brands. Also included will be detailed investigation into where tabletop customers choose to shop and the reasons that motivate them to shop for tabletop.
Given the study's focus on both consumer purchase and shopping behavior, both retailers and product marketers would benefit from the study sponsorship.
Data To Be Included in the New Tabletop Study
With a focus on consumers, their buying behavior, needs, desires and preferences, this research study will include research data and statistics about both the mass and the 'class' or luxury market for tabletop products. Specifically the study will give details about:
- Tabletop Market Size and Growth: What is the size of the overall tabletop goods market, as well as the key product segments (e.g. dinnerware, glassware, flatware, decorative accessories, servingware) and how rapidly is it growing? How is the tabletop market segmented by type of product? What is the size of the formal and casual tabletop segments?
- Demographics of the Tabletop Market: What are the demographic characteristics of people who buy tabletop products? How is consumers' buying behavior for tabletop influenced by demographic segments (e.g., gender, age, generation, HHI, size, composition, ethnicity/race, education, etc.)
- Tabletop Buying and Shopping Behavior: What are the primary characteristics of the consumers' buying behavior related to tabletop goods in general and the key product segments in particular (e.g. dinnerware, glassware, flatware, decorative accessories, servingware)? Why do they buy these goods and how do consumers' motivations different by product category segment? Where do they shop for the different types of tabletop products; what factors influence their decision making; how much do they spend buying each of the tabletop goods product segments and across the entire tabletop goods category?; what is the role of brand in tabletop goods product selection and shopping choices? How do different demographic segments differ in their shopping and buying behavior?
- Psychographic Profile and Segmentation of the Tabletop Markets: A psychographic profile of the tabletop buyers is developed in this report. The profiles identify different types or personalities of consumers of tabletop goods. These profiles identify different drives and motivations found among consumers in purchasing tabletop; what factors are more or less important in driving tabletop purchasing decisions; and how tabletop marketers and retailers can better understand the hearts and minds of their consumers. In essence, we will discover "why people buy tabletop."
Limited Number of Study Sponsorships Are Available
Study sponsors will receive the following deliverables:
- Participate in needs analysis interview to discuss your company/brand's particular subjects of interest to discover through the research.
- Review draft survey questionnaire making suggestions and recommendations, add key brands and 5-6 competitor brands, and add key products and services. Advise on specific questions.
- Topline results or cross-tabs delivered immediately after survey is conducted which will include answers to all survey questions.
- Final in-depth Tabletop Market Report including all major findings quantitative study and psychographic personality issues analysis.
- Webcast presentation of an executive summary of major findings with question and answer period.
Timing & Sponsorship Fees - Unity plans to conduct the research in June-July 2008 and publish the final report on or about August-September 2008. Basic Research Sponsorship Fee will be about $3,000 -- or the final price of the report. By paying for the survey sponsorship in advance, you will have input into the final contents of the report.
- Pam Danziger's webcast "The Coming Luxury Drought" May 21 9:00-10:00 a.m. (other webcasts tbd)
- How the Affluent Will Vote in the Upcoming Presidential Election -- The Gender Factor
- Green Marketing and the Luxury Consumer
- Release of Luxury Report 2008 with special report on a newly emerged luxury consumer personality -- the Temperate Pragmatist
- Latest trends and directions in the giftware and home decorative accents marke