The Benefits of Voice Training for Your Professional Development
Voice training means discovering the voice inside of you that you do not know is there
Whether you are looking for a job, firmly ensconced in one, or in the midst of starting your own business, improving the sound of your voice is something you might consider especially if the sound of your voice on recording equipment leaves much to be desired. Yes, it is unfortunate that we do not recognize our own voice on our voicemail; however, everyone else does. That is hard to swallow for many people.
Voice training means discovering the voice inside of you that you do not know is there and it will sound more mature. No, I don't mean old, but ageless. And, yes, when I am well into my '80's, I may look that age but I will never sound it.
With the right approach, you will find your voice improving with age because you will be taking the pressure away from your throat and voice box. If you have been suffering from any form of vocal abuse, consisting of chronic hoarseness or a persistent sore throat, those problems will end immediately.
There are so many benefits of voice training for your professional development, however, that you will find it can change your life.
- You will discover a richer, deeper, resonant voice.
- Your ability to increase your volume without shouting will serve you well whether you are speaking in a large boardroom or rooting for your favorite sports team.
- If you find your delivery flat, lackluster, or monotone, you will be able to solve that problem. All you need is to allow yourself to speak with color, with life, with emotion.
- If you are soft-spoken or too loud, your volume will automatically adjust itself to a normal level.
- If you speak too quickly or too slowly, you will have a wonderful ability to regulate your speed.
- You will learn the best means of controlling your nervousness in public speaking.
- You will speak more distinctly, whether you have an accent or mumble or have 'lockjaw.'
- Much of the daily stress that plagues you from morning to night will be eliminated.
- Your blood pressure will go down.
- Your self-esteem will go up.
In truth, I could have made this list a lot longer. The reasons for discovering your 'real' voice are innumerable. And, many of them have nothing to do with your voice. They are just surprising benefits that will improve your life, from better sleep to more control over your children.
You will definitely sound more professional and that will do wonders for your confidence and your abilities.
The Voice Lady Nancy Daniels provides private, group, women business owners and corporate training throughout the United States and Canada as well as Voicing It!, the only video training program on voice improvement and presentation skills. Discover your real voice at Voice Dynamic. http://www.voicedynamic.com
Are you a woman who owns a business? If so promote your company FREE of charge in our ADvantage Marketplace Directory of Women Owned Businesses and Women Business Owners - an online searchable directory that brings you together with potential customers to do business! Learn more....