Fashion and Beauty Lifestyle Articles for Women Exploring Exciting Ideas About Fashion and Style
Rules how to dress for Success
Is your wardrobe is holding you back? Have you taken the time to develop a personal style - one that reflects you?
Keller's Rules to Dress By:
1. Express your individuality
Remember, you are your brand. By being true to yourself you will be authentic. If you are warm, open, accessible dressing like a femme fatale won't cut it. You'll look silly and people will notice the disconnect immediately. First impression: She's phony.
2. Know what you are selling
If you need to come across as knowledgeable, insightful and savvy, then dressing in a mini skirt, no stockings, and midriff will project the opposite message. First impressions: She's a tart. Avoid low-rise pants and any other hints that you haven't completely finished college.
Do You Find Yourself Wearing The Same Items In Your Closet Over And Over Again?
Do you have a handful of pieces that you love, but you're not exactly sure what's hanging at the back of your closet? You're not alone - we're all guilty of this crime of fashion. It's the old 80/20 rule: we tend to neglect 80% of what's in our closet and only wear the other 20%.
If you want to build a wardrobe that you love, that truly represents the brand YOU, it's imperative that you become a ruthless editor - weeding out the items that no longer speak to you, or even fit you for that matter. Diana Vreeland said it best, "Elegance is refusal." It's the ability to know what works for you, and then just say no to the rest.
Being chic isn't about having the most expensive handbag or wearing the latest trend
It's about being true to who you really are and feeling comfortable in your own skin.
Real style comes from within. It is having the confidence to get organized, being a ruthless editor and trusting your own creativity. If you feel great, then you'll look great - whether your outfit cost $100 or $1000. Ultimately, be true to yourself.
With that said, there are ten items that I believe every stylish woman worth her fashion salt should own. These are the items that will carry you through season after season and never let you down. They are the classic must-haves that will serve as the backbone of your wardrobe.
Mostly descriptive rock and mineral terminology
First off the most important: mineral is a naturally occurring solid substance formed by natural processes, with a specific chemical composition.
Rock is a naturally occurring solid substance of one (but usually at least two) or more minerals. Gem or gemstone are terms used loosely to describe the best minerals and rocks. And Stone is really not a scientific term but is used often in the commercial trade.
The fields of study and the people who study them include:
- Gemology/Gemologist the study of gemstones.
- Geology/Geologist the study of substance that makes up earth.
- Mineralogy/Mineralogist the study of minerals.
- Paleontology/Paleontologist the study of prehistoric life and fossils.
- Lapidary means "concerned with stone" and is used to encompass the entire field as well as the art of cutting stones and the person who does the cutting.
The names of rocks and minerals can be traced quite often to Greek and to Latin
It Is Common Practice To Add An "ite" To a Mineral Name. The suffix "ite" is derived from the Greek word lithos (from its adjectival form -ites), meaning rock or stone. While the vast majority of mineral names end in "ite," some have the suffixes "ine" or "ide." Most original names referred to physical characteristics of the rock or mineral, to the location where the rock or mineral was first found, or sometimes to the magical powers attributed to that rock or mineral. In fact this way of naming stones is still common today, with the addition of naming the rock and mineral for a person.
Physical characteristics is actually the most consistent way to name a rock or mineral, as those characteristics rarely change. Malachite's name is from the Greek, malache, - "mallow" in reference to its green leaf color. Azurite came from azure which is derived from the Arabic word for blue. And Kyanite's name is derived from the Greek word kyanos, also meaning blue. I can only think of one example of how this isn't accurate-Carnelian's name is derived from the Latin word meaning flesh, in reference to the flesh color sometimes exhibited. But Carnelian's color can actually range from peach or flesh colored to light brownish red to deep transparent red.